Sisseton School District Virtual Learner Meal Order
Sisseton School District Virtual Learner Meal Order
Free meals will be provided to Virtual Academy students enrolled at Westside Elementary, Sisseton Middle School, or Sisseton High School. Students must be enrolled in the Sisseton School District to participate. Meals will be available for pick up between the times of 12:30-1:15 PM at Sisseton High School. Enter the high school building through the Multipurpose room exterior doors (east side of the building between the business office and the high school). Meals must be picked up between 12:30 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. A sign will be displayed on the door indicating the pickup location. Meals can only be picked up by the enrolled student, or the student’s parent/guardian. Please wear a mask when entering the facility to pick up the meals. Virtual Academy Student Meals Sign-up
Virtual Academy Learning Program Expectations, Guidelines, and Contract
2020-2021 Sisseton School District Virtual Academy Learning Program
The Sisseton School District will provide a Virtual Academy for those students and families who will not be attending school on-site this fall. Students will receive access to classroom assignments and activities that are similar to those of their peers on-site. Live instruction will not be provided in the Virtual Academy. However, each student will be assigned to a regular student schedule and will be able to access classroom materials through the classroom Google Classroom platform. Teachers will monitor student work and progress through assignments provided within the Google Classroom platform. Not all courses are conducive to online learning, and will not be offered in the Virtual Academy.
Students must engage in daily learning for each class in order to be considered present in that day's class. Students who do not engage in daily learning will be considered absent, just as if they were absent in a regular school setting.
Late sign-ups for virtual academy may be accepted. However, there is an approximate 2-week delay in receiving technology devices (8-31-2020). Families may choose to use a personal technology device rather than use a school-issued device.
Students participating in the Virtual Academy will need access to the following sites:
Office 265 - Student k12 email, OneDrive, Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online (check here for assignment emails and general information from teachers)
Google G Suite - Google Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms (student assignments found here)
Infinite Campus - Campus Portal Login Campus Student / Campus Parent (student schedules, grades, and progress updates found here. Parents may also check student grades)
Google Classroom - Entry into Google Classroom Accounts
- "How-to" join a Google Classroom guidance
- Video Tutorial - Using Google Classroom
- Please contact the classroom teacher for Google Classroom account entrance codes.
Sisseton School District Technology Helpful Information (Please read this first)
Sisseton Technology Helpdesk: please send email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Contact Information:
Westside Elementary (Grades PK-4)
698-7613 x 4
Westside Elementary Principal: Dr. April Moen (April.email@example.com)
Sisseton Middle School (Grades 5-8)
698-7613 x 3
Middle School Principal: Michael Drew (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sisseton High School (Grades 9-12)
698-7613 x 2
High School Principal: Jim Frederick (email@example.com)
Special Services Director
Special Services Director: Dr. Michelle Greseth (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 698-7613 x 1121
- Students will remain enrolled in the Sisseton School District. Students participating in this option are still under the instruction of the school district and are not “home school” students.
- Students eligible for special services, including Special Education services, will receive these services virtually.
- Students will not be allowed to participate in extra-curricular activities.
- District staff members will attempt direct contact with students at least one time per week to identify assignments, monitor academic progress, and provide grading feedback for report cards and transcripts. Live instruction will not be provided in the Virtual Academy.
- Quality of assigned and completed work will be used to determine quarter and semester grades. These grades will be placed on the final student transcript and will be calculated into the final GPA (high school).
- Students must participate in daily educational activities in order to be considered as “present” for the instructional day. Students may be considered truant, defined by local district policies for unexcused and excused absences.
- Families must opt into this plan and will be required to remain in this placement until quarter or semester calendar breaks.
- Students will be expected to participate in district assessments.
- Students in grades 3-4, 5-8, and 11 are required to participate in mandatory South Dakota state assessments. These assessments must be proctored by a certified Sisseton School District teaching staff.
- Families are expected to provide adequate internet service.
- The district can provide a school-issued computer. A deposit may be required for each device.
- Families choosing this option must fill out the attached form and return to the school by August 10, 2020.