Transportation Director: Joe Anderson
Transportation Mechanic: Tyler ShultzDepartment Phone: 605.698.7613 - Ext 240
Mailing Address: 516 8th Ave West, Sisseton, SD 57262Physical Address: 516 8th Ave West, Sisseton, SD 57262
If you are new to the district or have a change of address, please make sure both the bus transportation department and school are aware. Bus routes are current as of the beginning of the school year.
Adjustments are made throughout the year. If registering a child after the beginning of the school year, please contact the transportation department or school for the most recent route information.
2019-2020 Bus Routes (updated 09/04/19)
listing coming soon
Emergency School Closures & Delays
Sometimes during the school year, we face the possibility of inclement weather and school closure or schedule changes. Typically, families will be notified of emergency schedule changes by an automated phone call, email and/or text. We will announce closures and delays as early as possible but not later than 6:30 a.m. Occasionally circumstances change quickly and late announcements are unavoidable. The following information is for reference in the event that the schools are closed or buses operate on an emergency schedule:
- School Closure: All schools will be closed all day and any activities planned for the day or evening will be announced.
- Emergency Schedule: Indicates that schools will start on a delayed schedule. Parents are reminded that although the buses will start the runs later, if we are on an emergency schedule, the buses may be slightly later near the end of the run. We request that parents make allowances for this.
- Limited Transportation: Limited transportation will prevail if some roads become inaccessible or authorities have announced road closures. School will be in session unless otherwise announced by the Superintendent’s Office.
Stay informed about Emergency Closures & Delays by
- Updating your Infinite Campus Household Information - making sure to have the most updated home & cell phone and email.
- Following Sisseton Public Schools on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visiting the district website for detailed information and updates.
- Tuning in to other media outlets.